What is wrong with the Mental Health Care System in Australia
Seventeen years ago, my mother lied to the mental health care service. My mother wrongly accused me of threatening her with a knife. No such incident occurred. Indeed no thought of threatening my mother ever occurred to me. My mother offered to act as a benefactor to assist me as a practicing Buddhist. My mother, Anne, said she was very happy to support my Buddhist practice. The thing was, when it came to paying the bill, however, she acted with malice and jealousy and lied about things to try and get out of supporting me financially.
I study the mind. I am a well studied Buddhist. Here is something of a list of my qualifications. (taken from my curriculum vitae posted on bodhicittamind.com and emptinessmind.com.)
As I have studied Buddhist philosophy and the science of mind and meditation for over twenty years, I feel this puts me in an excellent position to give well intentioned and meaningful advice to others on how to achieve a state of health and inner peace. Following is a list of just some of the courses, teachings, commentaries and Initiations I have studied and completed in Buddhist philosophy.
- Venerable Geshe Doga’s Lam Rim Commentary held on Tuesday nights which lasted many years. In fact, I didn’t miss a single class in 11 years of attending Study Group and the only reason that record was broken was that I simply became too sick to continue.
- Venerable Geshe Doga’s Commentary on Shantideva’s Guide to a Bodhisattva’s Way of Life on Wednesday nights over a similar period of time.
- Venerable Geshe Doga’s Commentary on the Wheel of Sharp Weapons(over several years)
- Gained precious insights into emptiness, learning how to penetrate reality through meditation on emptiness, attending The Penetrating Reality Course,September, 1992.
- Attended Venerable Geshe Doga’s Thirty-five Buddhas Commentary,1992
- Studied The Jewel Rosary of an Awakening Warrior at a weekend Course, taught by Venerable Geshe Doga, Easter, 1993
- Attended Venerable Geshe Doga’s Commentary on understanding the differences between love and attachment, May 1993 and July, 1997.
- Learnt about the Seven-point Thought Transformation Technique in a weekend retreat held in 1993 and in July, 1997.
- Completed the Vajrasattva Commentary in July, 1993 and again in September 1995, September, 1997 and September 2000.
- Learnt how to cut though and overcome anger in May, 1994 and August, 1998.
- Attended a talk Geshe Doga gave to the Healing Group, July, 1994.
- Received the Commentary on the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation, in July, 1994, then again in August 1994 and May 1997.
- Completed the Heart Sutra Commentary, October, 1994
- Received the oral transmission of the Thirty-seven Practices of a Bodhisattva Commentary during May, 1995 and again in August of the same year and in April, 1999.
- Studied how to develop patience in June, 1995.
- Learnt about how to develop single-pointed concentration in October, 1995.
- Studied the Four Noble Truths twice, once in April, 1998.
- Completed the Taking Refuge Course held at Tara, in May, 1996 and in July 1998.
- Received the commentary on The Three Principle Paths in May, 1996 and in April 2000.
- Received the commentary on How to Develop Bodhicitta, in June, 1996.
- Learnt all about Karma and how it functions, in July, 1996 and in October 1998.
- Learnt about how to overcome Compassion Fatigue some time in 1996.
- Completed the commentary on The Jewel Rosary of an Awakening Warrior in March, 1997.
- Received the Commentary on the Four Immeasurable Thoughts twice, once in June 1997.
- Learnt about How to Develop Compassion in October, 1997.
- Received Geshe Doga’s commentary on the Foundation of all Good Qualities in April, 1998.
- Received the Commentary on The Two Truths in June, 1998.
- Learnt how to meditate on death and impermanence in September, 1998.
- Received the Commentary on Developing Loving Kindness in November, 1998.
- Studied about How to Meditate in February, 1999.
- Learnt about How to be Happy in March, 1999.
- Received the commentary on Developing Calm Abiding in April, 1999.
- Studied the Seven-fold Cause and Effect in May, 1999.
- Received the commentary on the Eight Mahayana Precepts in October, 1999.
- Studied How to Develop Special Insight through the practice of emptiness in May, 2000.
- Received the commentary on the Six Session Guru Yoga in July, 2000.
- Attended the Six Yogas of Naropa Commentary in November, 2000.
- Studied How to Develop Mindfulness and Alertness in June, 2000.
- Attended the Tenets Teaching throughout 2001.
- Attended the Lam Rim Condensed teachings in 2007.
- Received the commentary on Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Verses, sometime in 2007.
- Received the White Tara Initiation annually from 1992 – 2006.
- Received the Green Tara Initiation in 2007 and several times prior to that.
- Receive the 1000 Arm Chenrezig Initiation conferred by Ribur Rinpoche
- Received the Vajrayogini Initiation (several times)
- Received Manjushri, Chenrezig, Vajrasattva, and Medicine Buddha word empowerment from His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- Received Om Mani Padme Hum empowerment from His Holiness the Dalai Lama at Parliament House Canberra 1997
- Received commentary on Shantideva’s A Guide to the Bodhisattvas Way of Life in Bodhgaya from His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Received White Tara Long Life empowerment form His Holiness the Dalai Lama Bodhgaya 2002, Sydney 1997, Geelong 2002
- Received the Heruka Initiation from Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche at Atisha Centre, Bendigo
- Received Yellow Manjushri Initiation from the Venerable Geshe Doga 2003
- Did 25 weekend Nyung Nae fasting retreats on compassion, averaging 3 a year for seven or eight years from 1992 onwards.
- Yamantaka Retreat Blue Mountains, 2015 with HHDL.
When I was falsely arrested by the police, I told the police they had been lied to. There was no checking of the source of the information they received. My mother lied, saying I threatened her with a knife, but no such event ever took place. Then the police didn’t check for validity. They didn’t realize my mother lied, that she is quite ill with delusion. The hospital refused to validate things either.
The mental health care system says it represents people on issues to do with the brain and the central nervous system. But the brain is not the mind. The psychiatrist doesn’t even study the mind. It studies the brain and the central nervous system. The mind has a subtle connection to the brain and the body. The body is the Om which is located at the crown, the speech is the Ah, located at the throat, and the mind is the HUM at the heart.
The mind rides on subtle wind within the channels and the chakras. There are six chakras and three channels. The right channel is white, the left channel is red and the central channel is blue. I study the mind and mind science. The mind is clear and knowing. I have been studying with Namgyal Monastery of His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet and Sera Jey Monastic University for 27 years, once completing a business degree at Monash University. I have also studied psychology at both Monash University and Melbourne University.
The mental health system does not study the mind, only grosser phenomena. The psychiatrist for the most part is not a practicing Buddhist. It is not goverened by a study of ethics the way the mind scientist is. Mind scientists study compassion and wisdom. They are goverened and led by a meticulous study of the three higher trainings of ethics, concentration and wisdom, the vinaya, the abhidharma and sutra, (the word of the Buddha). Then the bodhisattva studies the six or ten perfections. These aetheist psychiatrists have no such wisdom or knowledge, and no standard in reporting accurately without lying and making up nonsense. They are both unethical and incomplete. The psychiatrist is corrupt because it doesn’t practice ethics, and it is unreliable because it’s not a Buddhist. It lacks discriminating wisdom, because it does not rely up refuge in the Three Jewels, and it does not seek liberation from cyclic existence or enlightenment. The psychiatrist is an ordinary sentient being, afflicted by ego and delusions and lies to obtain it’s position within the government and society.
Copyright © Vanessa Anne Walsh 2019
Donations here go to supporting genuine and helpful Buddhist practice and meditation. Thanks for your support.
Regular offerings appreciated. Thank you for supporting this community orientated project.
Thank you for supporting this community friendly Buddhist project. We appreciate your interest and support.
Please support our dharma practice. We appreciate ongoing support.